First Look! The New DVF ♥ Gap Kids Collection Arrives On April 25
Mom Jeanine, momfinds.com
Look what I found over on gap.com–the first images of the new DVF ♥ Gap Kids collection! As we announced back in January, DVF teamed up with Gap Kids for another collaboration collection launching this spring. Unless you were living under a rock l…
Here’s a glimpse at DvF for Gap Kids. FYI: Last year I bought stuff the day it came out & at full price (gap didn’t allow for coupons). Within weeks it was all heavily discounted….so food for thought!
Gorgeous hues and adorable bags! Adding to the want list!
Hello and welcome to my new handbag obsession: Annabel Ingall, an Australian designer first discovered at Wink in Soho.
I thought I loved the little cobalt blue bag — and I do — but something about it annoys me: it consists of three pouches that snap together. In theory, you should be able to snap the outer two together to create a clutch that has that adorable little strap-closure. Except the snaps don’t work that way — and none of the pouches work as a clutch on their own. It’s just poor design, and there’s no excuse at the price point. That said, as a little shoulder bag, it’s perfect.
However — when I saw the small cobalt tote on her website, the little bag was soon forgotten. Now that is something worth saving up for. (And I have a cobalt clutch anyway.)
If you share my newfound lust, Shopbop also sells some styles. Apologies in advance to your credit card.
I’m a sucker for all things Housewives. Hard to pick a fave….but after careful thought it has to be Lisa Vanderpump! Who are your faves? I prefer to vote on faves by cast ;)
relevant to my newly discovered interest in Le Housewives
found via profashional & mbinboston
I’m a little late with the post, but he’s 5 months in the photos and about 5.5 months now….
Some cool things:
- He is rolling over both ways now & sitting up!!!
- He loves Sophie the Giraffe, I mean loves!
- Absolutely hates socks….and manages to remove even the tough ones. (Guess he inherited that from me & C)
- Loves napping in the ergo, and facing forward in the Bjorn and kicking like a maniac.
- Starting to push himself up…the early pre-crawl stage.
- He now swats and plays with his toys on the mamaroo and jumperoo.
- He adores his sister and grins from ear to ear whenever he sees or hears her (even that one time I caught her about to ride him like a pony).
Some not so cool things:
- Sleep….he gets his nightly bath, then bottle around 7:30 and lately has been drinking too much too fast and is uncomfortable. When he finally falls asleep, he wakes again around 11:30/12, then every 2-3 hrs until he’s up for the day around 6:15. Yes, truly exhausting….considering he was once in the running to be my favorite child (kidding) cause he was only waking up once! Hopefully with the introduction of solids he will improve soon!
- He used to love hanging out in his crib and gazing at the mobile. Now the minute I set him down, he wails like crazy.
- Since he is no longer swaddled, he needs something to do with his hands. When I feed him, he loves to squeeze my fingers for dear life, or grab on to my clothes. I think I need to introduce a lovie….anyone done this yet?
Books: The new Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook. Yep, I said it! I too have read the scathing reviews criticizing the avocado toast or a boiled egg recipes, but there is so much more!, truly! Everyone’s quick to judge GP, but I was impressed with her first book and I know this one will be just as good! Wish there were more pics of the food though, than GP, but whatever!
Reading this book for my book club!
Eat: Angie’s Popcorn...all of it!
These delicious cupcakes. I hadn’t heard fo them, but they were another thoughtfully sweet anniversary gift!
Listen: Obsessed with my new beats!!
Surf: Just learned about ShopBevel, a cool site that allows independent designers to bring their products to market. ShopBevel approves the design and if you win the vote they will produce your item!!
A super talented friend submitted her design and is in the running! If you can spare a minute, please vote and support!!
What are you loving lately?
Do you know what one of my favorite things to do is now that we’re in Chicago? Grocery shop! Seriously, after years of shopping in crowded and small grocery stores, I love being able to walk the aisles with a normal sized cart! Not to mention, we have way more space to store stuff!
I’ve become a huge fan of the Whole Foods in Lincoln Park & Costco! Yep, I adore Costco. Don’t worry, I won’t start chiming in on Bed Bath and Beyond and Home Depot, but seriously, they have some great stuff! We go once, or twice a month and load up!
Here are some of our favorites picks. What are yours??
Fruits/Veggies: Bananas (super cheap), raspberries/strawberries, POM seeds, mini cucumbers and Kale/Mixed Green Bagged Salad (comes w. dried fruits/nuts & dressing)…obsessed!
Meats/Poultry: Organic Skinless Chicken Breasts & Ground Turkey, AmyLu’s Apple Gouda Sausages. Occasionally we get pork chops (halve & freeze), baby back ribs (again portion & freeze), salmon (portion).
Pasta/Grains: Spinach & Cheese Ravioli, Quinoa and if you can find it the Mario Batali sauce (it’s awesome, and $7.99 for 2).
Cheese: Buffalo Mozzarella and pretty much any other!!
Prepared Foods: Rotisserie Chicken & Spinach Salad
For Kids: Baby Wipes, Hanna Andersson PJ’s, Go Go Kidz Applesauce, Annie’s Fruit Snacks & Macaroni/Shells.
For the Home: Paper Products, Garbage Bags, Dishwasher Detergent, Laundry (All Free & Clear), Bounce.
Snacks: Pretzel Chips, Dried Mangos (thanks to this lady), Lifeway Kefir Smoothies, Trail Mix & Popcorn!
For Cooking/Baking: Olive Oil, Flax & Chia Seeds. Also, spices and condiments (the trio of Heinz normal sized ketchup/mustard/relish is great for bbq season).
Beauty/Health: Pantene Shampoo.
4 years ago today, I awoke to dark skies, pouring rain (good luck among the superstitious) and a huge bailout protest outside our apartment. Despite the gloom, it was one of the brightest moments.
Together with our families, we got married at City Hall and celebrated at Eleven Madison Park and a few other NYC faves.
4 years, 2 kids and a new city later, we are celebrating each other, our accomplishments and the future!
Sadly, no anniversary dinner at EMP tonight, but some good takeout, a delicious anniversary surprise gift and a night out on the calendar!